Monday, November 28, 2005

November 28, 2005

I have been considering keeping a blog of my pregnancy since we found out about our addition-to-come on November 7, 2005. It wasn't until Travis Beach was born, though, that I realized just how fun this could be! Only days after his birth, I got to go in, see life in the Beach house in the days prior to Travis' arrival and hear all about Travis' Apgar test, first bath, first meal, trip home, etc... I thought, "I'd better get off my butt and do this!"

I wish I had done this when I was pregnant with Devin. Can I make an excuse that blogs weren't around then, even though it was only three years ago? Let's go with that...

As I said before, we found out that we are pregnant on November 7, 2005. I was "late" as of the day before (Sunday) when we were traveling back to San Antonio from visiting Todd's sister, Jill, in Ames, Iowa. I was feeling out of sorts and even commented to Todd that I couldn't understand why I was so tired. Real-life foreshadowing, it seems.

I left work at noon on the 7th, and went to buy some dental floss. While I was there, I decided to pick up a pregnancy test -- just in case. I went home and took it. I couldn't believe my eyes. In fact, I was in such disbelief that I ran out and bought another one. PREGNANT? Are you kidding me? How did this happen???

Okay, I know how it happened. We won't go into that.

So that set everything in motion. We were going to have another baby. Ready or not, here she (or he) comes.

I wrapped up the positive pregnancy test (the first one I took) and put a note on the brightly colored box that said, "To Daddy with love from both of us." Todd saw it on the kitchen table when he got home from work and I said, "That's for you." He opened it and said, "What the heck is this... ARE YOU PREGNANT???" All I could do was nod.

There is still a lot to cover from the past few weeks, including the just-passed Thanksgiving holiday. But I'll save all of that for a later post. No need to bore you all with the details all at once!

Peace.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Erin,

I am so excited that you're blogging your pregnancy too! I just wish I had started it early in my pregnancy like you. These little babies are so lucky to be joining the Pruetz/Mylar/Devins clan!! I look forward to learning more about little Max and/or Delaney!

Big hugs from all of us here at the Beach Zoo, Matt, Travis, Meg, Windsor, & Dixie