Monday, May 29, 2006

May 29, 2006

It's been a few days since I've posted, but that doesn't mean that life in the Pruetz house has settled down any! We're still going a mile a minute around here.

The first and foremost news is that the girls are doing great. Today, Faith finally hit the 3 lb. mark again, weighing in at 3 lbs, .02 oz. It's not much over 3 lbs, but it's better than nothing! Grace is at 3 lbs, 8 oz and doing equally as well.

Both have gone up in their feedings and today, Faith's temperature was elevated. This, of course, gave me a minor heart attack, but apparently, this is a good thing (the temperature, not the heart attack). It's a sign that her body is starting to regulate its own temperature. Just one more step closer to home...

The girls were also seen today by the physical therapist. She was a wondefully kind woman who took a lot of time to talk with me about what she was doing and what she was looking for in each girl. Essentially, she was checking to see if they were doing what they were supposed to be doing at their gestation (which is 33 weeks, 1 day). She would streach a bent arm out and see if the owner would pull it back. She tracked their eye movements (even with their eyes closed!) and asked me a number of questions -- Am I seeing personality traits in them yet? What about their movements ... do the girls move a lot? What kinds of movements do they do? Kicking, stretching, patting?

After her assesment, she confirmed that both girls are right on track and doing great. They are starting to show signs of readiness to start trying bottle feeding, although they aren't quite there yet. She seemed to think they'll be ready to try next week, which is really right on track.

I'm quite the proud mom. I'm sure it's not apparent or anything.

I'm doing well, too. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. For the first few days back here, I felt like a stranger in my own home. I just couldn't pull myself together to get a routine down or settle back into life. Finally, Saturday, I woke up feeling normal again and have been easing myself back into life. Tomorrow will be the real test.

"Why?" you ask? Well, I'm gonna tell you.

I've been spoiled this last week, having Todd at home. As many of you know, his company, Accenture, made the decision to move their San Antonio offices to Princeton, NJ. When we heard the news, we immediately said, "No thanks!" but that left Todd jobless as of July 7.

Not for long, though! Shortly after sending his resume out, one of the city's largest and most-respected employers, USAA, contact him for an interview. Days later, there was an offer. They were so impressed with him, in fact, that they created a position for him, as they weren't sure the position for which he applied was a perfect match, but they knew they wanted him to be a part of their team. As of tomorrow, he'll be a Web producer in their technology department. Again -- I couldn't be more proud.

So, my dad comes in tomorrow morning to help me out while Todd goes off to his new job. I can't drive until Friday, so I need someone to shuttle me to and from the hospital. I'm so glad to have my dad here, but it'll be hard to have Todd gone after so much good, quality family time with him this week.

Never without drama, right? :)

Stay tuned for more very exciting, leave-you-hanging-on-my-every-word news from my world. It just doesn't get any better than this, does it?

E

PS - Berta -- I got the beautiful jammies you sent for the girls, but I managed to throw away the card with your phone number on it! Please send me an email at erin_pruetz@hotmail.com so we can catch up! I'd love to talk with you and thank you personally for the very sweet gift and prayers!

2 comments:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

i was just going through your blog and starting at the beginnnig archives. your pregnancy started out so much like mine. these were our 3rd and 4th though. anyway, we did end up finding a membrane, but our girls did share the placenta. we delivered at 32 1/2 weeks. we almost chose faith and hope for the girls as well, and the same situation happened with the names, so we too chose faith and grace :). those are our girls middle names though. our girls are kelsey faith and kaylee grace. they are 15 mo. identical girls! plus my other two are latoya joy -7 yrs. and jordan trevor -4 yrs. just wanted to let you know i love your blog and am going to continue reading. my email address is ds4nier@megalink.net

stacy

p.s. i am a member on the mono website that was how i found you.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»