Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Few Prayer Requests

I could easily flood my blog with prayer requests every single day. I have a very active prayer community and all prayer requests that come my way are taken very seriously. But since this blog is supposed to be about my family, I try to keep posts like these to a minimum. I only post the requests that are very close to me.

This time around, my dear friend Jackie, has a nephew who has been diagnosed with brain cancer. His wife died from cancer a year ago and now he's facing this. It breaks my heart.

Jackie holds a very special place in my heart because she is the grandmother to a set of quadruplets. She prayed her four grandchildren into this world 15 years ago and she prayed my twins here last year. She understands me on a very deep level.

In addition to her nephew, one of the quads -- the only girl of the group -- is suffering from mononucleosis-like symptoms. She's tested negative for mono and everyone is puzzled by her symptoms. She's starting to get very frustrated, as she is a very active 15-year-old.

So I ask for your prayers for Jay and Ashley.

Lastly, I have an email friend named Stacy with whom I correspond every few days. Stacy and I have never met and never talked on the phone, but we're connected by our sets of monoamniotic twins. Her girls, Kelsey and Kaylee, are two years old and are precious. We keep up with one another via our blogs.

In the past few days, Stacy has blogged about her friends, Andy and Amber and their nine-year-old son, Brendon, who has recently been diagnosed with cancer -- non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. He is undergoing chemo right now and will be in the hospital for a number of weeks. The hospital is more than an hour from their home.

Please pray for Brendon, Andy and Amber. They need peace and hope right now.

Because this little family is surviving on one income, the bills are already starting to pile up. With gas near $3.00/gallon (they live up in the Northeast), it's very expensive just to get to Brendon.

For this reason, Stacy is taking donations for the familyl. Please understand that I am not soliciting donations for this family. I do not know Andy, Amber or Brendon -- I've never met them, never seen them and never corresponded with them. Their story touched my heart and I felt compelled to share it with others, seeking prayers.

If your heart calls you to it, though, please let me know if you'd like to donate money to the family. I can give you Stacy's email address and you can either contact her for more information or use her email address to send money through PayPal.

Thank you all very much for your prayers for these three families. Prayer is a powerful thing and God hears every word of them.

Peace,
Erin

2 comments:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

Erin, you are such a sweet, caring person. I just read this tonight and my heart is touched by your generosity towards those you know and don't know! You have been such a great help to me and an encouragement! thanks!!!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

p.s. i will pray for Jay and Ashley. we know the power of prayer!!! :)