Thursday, January 19, 2006

January 19, 2006

Bridget Cullen, if you're reading this, happy 30th birthday! I love you!

Wow -- two posts from me in one week? What are the odds? Lately, pretty slim! But with the onset of my new doctors, there's more happening.

It looks like we'll be seeing Dr. Higby on February 2 at 1:45 p.m. for our Level II ultrasound.

I'm pretty excited about it. Apparently, these things are just fantastic. They have much higher definition and resolution than a regular (Level I?) sonogram and you can see so much more. When ZZ had a Level II around this time (she was 17 weeks) they found out the sexes of both of the babies. That would be great -- I'm excited to know if we're having boys or girls (or one of each, which is still possible).

I'm pretty nervous, too, though. Ever since finding out I was pregnant, I've had a sinking feeling about it all. Like something bad is going to happen to one of the babies. In my heart, I think Baby B (the one who is always hiding from us) isn't doing very well. Nothing we've seen thus far has indicated that something is wrong, but I've just got this nagging feeling and I'm wondering if the Level II sonogram will confirm it.

It is pretty funny, though, that Baby B (they name the one closest to the cervix Baby A and the one farthest away Baby B) is always hiding. We've had the hardest time finding him/her. We've had three sonograms now and each time it's been a quest to find Baby B. Todd has decided that this child will be the world champion hide-n-seek player. Of course since Devin will become Pope, we need to find a good title for Baby A.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Meg said...

Perhaps Baby A is the Drama King/Queen? He/she seems to love center stage! We look forward to hearing how your appt on Feb 2 goes, and pray for good news & good health for the 5 of you.
Hugs,
The Beach Zoo