Tuesday, January 03, 2006

January 3, 2006

Well I thought I would get some blogging done over my 12-day vacation, but it just wasn't meant to be. Poor Devin got all sorts of sick over the break and I spent most of my time taking care of him, doing nebulizer treatments and Albuterol inhalers. He's doing much better.

As am I! Sunday, January 1 marked 12 weeks for me and the twins and, as promised, I'm starting to feel much better. I still get bouts of nausea, especially in the evenings, but I'm not spending my days hunched over a toilet anymore. I've also got a lot more energy -- I'm not taking two and three hour naps, but rather am back to my 15-30 minute naps.

Christmas was wonderful at the Pruetz house. We did the usual Christmas Eve Mass at 4:00 and Bar-b-que at ZZ's house afterwards. Then we started opening gifts. Wrapping paper was flying everywhere as Devin tore into everyone else's presents along with his own. It was pretty funny!

That night Devin went to bed without a fuss and woke up asking if Santa had come. Sure enough, Saint Nick had left a number of gifts underneath the tree, including a train set, a cleaning set (so he can "help" me clean the house), lots of books, lots of Hot Wheels and about a zillion other things. It was so fun watching him play all day.

We had a great dinner at our house and spend the day playing with the kids and enjoying Christmas. It couldn't have been better.

The Babies Pruetz seems to be doing just fine. I'm starting to really get big and it's fun now that we're past 12 weeks and can really let everyone know our good news! Devin hasn't quite figured out exactly what it means that we're having a baby (let alone TWO babies), but he's very sweet and likes to "kiss" his brothers and sisters by laying a lip-smacker on my tummy. Too cute.

As life gets more interesting, I'll post more exciting stuff.

Happy 2006!

No comments: