Friday, November 02, 2007

Devin's Doozie

Lately, Devin has become very expressive toward me, thanking me over and over again when I do something for him (I bought him a new pair of Crocs this week and you would have thought I had just handed him a check for a million bucks).

He's also become very thankful for the meals I cook.

"Mom, you make the best tacos!"
"Mom, this is the best pot roast in the whole city!"

Every meal comes with some statement like this. I can't say I mind it!

So tonight, Todd called on his way home from work and I said, "Hey -- it's Friday. Why don't you get a pizza on the way home?" He agreed and when Daddy got home, we all dined on pizza.

Afterwards, Devin turned me and said:

"Mom! You make Daddy get the best pizza!"

4 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Can you send him here to teach my kids that flattery goes a long way? :)

Casey's trio said...

No that is the sweetest thing to read! He sure does love his mama:)

Laura said...

What a sweatheart!!! He even appreciates take out.

Polly said...

Devin Pruetz circa 2023 voted "Most likely to use superlatives in everyday speech". Classic.