Monday, November 19, 2007

The RSV Update

Faith and Grace saw Dr. Trexler today for their 18-month check-up and for a check on their RSV status.

After listening intently to their chests and backs, Dr. T said, "They're not wheezing at all. What you're doing is working!" She said that their nasal congestion, sore throats and ear infections (oh yes...ear infections on top of all of it) are very typical of RSV, but that the wheezing and oxygen intake are what we really need to be concerned about.

She made it clear that we are not out of the woods yet, but was very happy to see the girls doing so well despite their diagnoses.

So, for the moment I feel good. As soon as I hear one of them cough or something of the sort, I'm sure I'll go back into panic mode, but for this moment in time, I'm doing okay.

Thanks for the continued prayers. More updates to come.

Me

4 comments:

Casey's trio said...

Good news! I hope the girls keep improving and that you have a fabulous Thanksgiving with a house full of healthy non-RSV carrying family and friends.

Laura said...

I am so glad they are improving, good job Mommy! I am sure your just exhausted!

Claremont First Ward said...

Here's to good health and a continuance of doing what you're doing to keep the RSV at bay. Erin.....I couldn't believe this when I read it. Geezh! Happy Thanksgiving!

Meg said...

Yikes! It sounds like you guys are paying for your pediatrician's kids' college fund all by yourselves... I'm so glad to hear the girls are doing better and I hope Devin is as well. Happy Thanksgiving!