Monday, June 16, 2008

1...2...3...JUMP!

A few months ago, Faith jumped out of her crib. We thought it was an isolated incident, because she didn't do it again. We just assumed it scared her and she was going to stay put.

Two weeks ago, she did it again. Todd and I both wondered when this would become a habit.

Today was the day! All was quiet around the house and suddenly, "THUD!"

I ran upstairs to find Faith standing next to Grace's crib, looking a little stunned, but obviously trying to help her sister get a dropped pacifier and blanket.

As soon as Faith saw me, she started to cry, so I picked her up, rocked her and made it clear that she needs to stay in her crib from now on.

Fast forward about 15 minutes and I heard a lot of screeching upstairs. I went back up to the twins' room and opened the door. There was Faith, feet perched halfway up the rungs in the corner of the crib, ready to make a leap. I got there just in time to stop another, "THUD!" from happening.

I am not ready for these girls to be in "big girl beds" yet, so I guess it's time to purchase a crib tent.

It's just another day in paradise!

Devin's Doozie

This doozie happened a long time ago. In fact, I was pregnant with the twins when it happened! However, it remains one of my favorite memories of Devin and I am writing it down to make sure the moment is never lost.

When Devin was two, Todd decided it was time to teach him the ol' "Pull my finger," joke. You know the one. Don't make me explain.

So anyway, the joke became very popular in our house whenever Todd felt "the need." Devin was very impressed by his Daddy's ability to do such a thing on cue.

One day, while Todd was at work, Devin decided to play the trick on me. Not fully understanding how it works, he turned to me and said, "Mommy...pull my finger."

Being the fabulous mom that I am, I obliged, and pulled on the chubby little digit pointed toward me.

Upon doing so, nothing happened. Only silence and fresh air.

With a hurt look on his face and a question in his eyes, he looked at me and said, "It didn't work!"

6 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I love Devin's doozies. And the girls are in tents now? What an adventure! :)

Laura said...

I highly recommend the crib tents. I still miss my cribs. Ha ha.

I love Devin's doozie's too.

Unknown said...

Move to big girl beds...or take the legs off the cribs so at least it is a lesser way to jump....if she can figure out how to jump out she will master a tent in no time....or she will revolt and get naked.

Alicia said...

We had to move Tate to a toddler bed a few months ago. I sooo miss the crib.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the crib tents. Best baby invention on the market hands down. Worth every dime (I even have the one for the pack and play). Oh and by the way, its a BOY! Love, Tara

Casey's trio said...

We LOVE our crib tents! And another great doozie from Devin.