Monday, December 05, 2005

December 5, 2005

Apparently, according to my dear friend and OCD compadre Kristen Foster, I am not creating enough entries. Forget the fact that I work in the mornings and have to keep a two-year-old entertained in the afternoons, all-the-while trying to keep my house clean, my cats and dog fed, shop (and wrap) for the holidays and create life! Certainly there should be time for blogging in there, too, right?

Okay, Kristen, I'm only kidding. The truth of the matter is that I am a little wacky about personal blogs too (I'm the same as you, Lindsay). I've been checking co-worker Polina's personal blog now for months, but her most recent entry (which was only her SECOND entry) was Thursday, February 24, 2005. I'm starting to get antsy here, Polly.

As for me, life is good. I had a very weird experience last week in that I went to bed on Tuesday night with typical pregnancy symptoms ... nausea, extreme fatigue, achiness, etc. But I woke up on Wednesday feeling great. And again on Thursday. And Friday. And the whole weekend. I started to get a little worried and called my doctor, but the nurse said it's nothing to worry about. Some days are better than others. Well ain't that the truth? It just seemed strange that I went from operating at about 15% to operating at 99% in a few hours. I'm still a little uneasy about the whole thing, but I've got my first ultrasound on Friday and that should give us all of the information we need like heartbeat, size, etc. I have to admit -- I 'm looking forward to it.

I wish we could tell the sex of the baby this time around, but, unfortunately, it's too early. I'm convinced it's a girl. Since I was young, I've always had a gut instinct that I would have two kids -- a boy first and then a girl. I was 100% convinced that Devin was a boy and I feel the same confidence with this one as well.

Of course, watch me fall flat on my face. We'll find out the sex in March and I can just see me posting a blog that day: "Well, after spouting off for months and months about how I was POSITIVE that this would be a girl, it looks like we'll be decorating in blue."

Not that I would mind another boy. I just adore being the mommy of a little boy. And as my neighbor Lisa (mother of two boys) said, "If you have a girl, you'll have a best friend. If you have a boy, Devin will have a best friend." What a perfect way to look at it -- it's a no-lose situation. I couldn't be more excited about little Max or little Delaney.

I guess that's all for now. Comments are welcome, even if it's a comment on how darned boring this blog is. I'll take what I can get.

Cheers (with non-alcoholic beverages, of course).

E

No comments: