Sunday, February 18, 2007

Going Down?

This weekend, I walked into the girls' room just in time to see Faith up on her knees, holding onto her crib aquarium. It scared me enough to have Todd lower her mattress from the highest notch to the middle. Grace's crib has high enough rails that if she were to pull herself onto her knees, her nose would barely be above the top, so I'm not so worried about her (yet -- it'll come).

But to me this was such a bittersweet step. My girls are really growing up. I know I had a hard time with Devin getting bigger, but I don't remember it being this hard. Maybe it's because they are so little, but to me, they are still infants, not mobile little people who recognize and crawl toward me. They are just so tiny. I keep commenting that having them crawling around the house is pretty much just like having another couple of cats around. I mean seriously -- I've had felines bigger than these girls.

*Sigh*

I guess this is just a part of mommyhood, but if we can put a man on the moon, can't we find a way to make watching your kids grow up a little easier? I mean really...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just an FYI... When you first "pimped out" your blog site, when I hit the comments button, it was filtered through my company because of inappropriate "SEX" content.

Thought you'd get a kick out of that...

Love, Spidge

Laura said...

I wish there was a way to stop time sometimes too. My twins are growing up all too fast, I just try to enjoy everyday as much as possible. Sometimes I could hit fast forward (a lot latley) but most times I would simply hit pause. Watching my girls learn to love each other and play together and develop their special relationship has been so fun and rewarding. You have SO much to look forward toI promise.