Thursday, June 14, 2007

Devin's Doozie

It's been awhile since I've posted one of these, mostly since Devin has so many, I can't keep track of them long enough to write them all down.

But today was an extra-good one that really deserved remembering. It also helps that he only said it a few minutes ago.

After we had finished lunch today, Devin laid down on the floor next to the kitchen table. When I asked what was wrong he said, "I think I ate too much. My legs won't work. I can't walk."

"Oh dear," I said, "I guess we won't get to do any of the fun things we have planned for this weekend." Devin doesn't know it yet, but we're going to likely get a puppy on Saturday.

He replied to me, "Oh...it'll get better."

And then wistfully, with a far-off look in his eyes and with an element of distance to his voice , he said, "It will get better...someday."

I nearly spit Coke out of my nose.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny. My 3 yr old told me today "I'm dissapointed in you" Why I asked? You're making me take a nap.

It's hard being a kid....

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm glad I didn't have liquid in my mouth when I read this. I think I would have spit it out. Too cute...

Laura said...

SOOO cute!!! When my brother was little he told me mom he thought his feet were angry at him, when she asked why, he said because they were hurting him. Kids are too funny!

keblake said...

Thank you for sharing! It made me laugh out loud first thing in the morning!