Thursday, August 09, 2007

Okay Susan...This One's for You...

My friend and fellow blogger, Susan, sent me a "Crazy Eights" email last week, where you fill out eight interesting (or at least random) things about yourself. I told her I'd do it and now that she's stalking me via my blog, here it goes. :)

1. I gave serious consideration to becoming a nun when I was in high school. A group of sisters even came to my house one day to talk to my parents about my joining their convent in upstate New York.

2. I took seven years of vocal performance lessons and have been trained in operatic performance. (That was a long time ago, though, and since women's voices don't mature until around the age of 30, I never actually hit the tones and pitches that come to mind when you think of the opera).

3. I was a pre-med major for half of college. Then I got a life. :)

4. When I was 16 years old, I could bench press 185 lbs.

5. I met Todd on Septeber 29, 1999 and we married exactly two years later.

6. My wedding was on September 29, 2001, only 18 days after the tragedy of September 11. Our reception was held on the 70th floor of the tallest building in Dallas-Fort Worth -- a building which housed the regional headquarters for the FBI and the headquarters of the second-largest bank in the nation. Needless to say, we had a few no-shows.

7. I wore a red clown nose in my engagement photo.

8. In 1997, despite being a staunch Republican, I took the trip of a lifetime to Washington DC to witness the inauguration of President William J. Clinton. I went with a group of students from college, along with our very well-connected professor. Because of her connection in DC, we were able to sit in the second row, just behind Congress. I sat next to Byron Allen (from the "That's Incredible!" TV show of the 1980s) and, as I was walking somehwere, I swung around to say something to a friend and ran face first into Whoopie Goldberg. I also stood next to Matt Lauer and tried to get him to interview me, but he wasn't interested in some college kid from Texas -- he wanted to talk to celebrities.

So there! Impressed? Me neither. :)

3 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

This may be the second comment, or maybe not. One of my babies pulled the plug on my computer right after I had posted. Anyway, I said that I am impressed. It takes talent to think of interesting and fun facts to "capture" your audience and that alone is impressive. I totally enjoyed every bit.

Anonymous said...

OOOOO, thanks Erin for playing! I wil keep you as my friend now... HA HA HA Poor thing.... you all should feel sorry for Erin..she knows me!

Casey's trio said...

I want to see the engagement picture with the red clown nose:)