Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Devin's Doozie

As you know, we have in our possession (and displayed in our front window), the leg lamp from A Christmas Story. We are very proud of this piece and have become the envy (or laughing stock) of the neighborhood.

If you recall, the lamp is referred to as "A Major Award," in the movie, as it was an award for some sort of contest Ralphie's dad entered.

So, it stands to reason that we would refer to this beauty as our own, personal, "Major Award." Such use of that term may go something like this:

"Honey...please plug in the Major Award."
"Wow -- I love your Major Award."
"Have you seen our Major Award?"

You get the picture.

So today, Devin and I are shopping for a friend's birthday present (happy almost birthday, Amy!) at a store that sells jewelry -- specifically Pandora Jewelry. In the display case was a delicate blown glass hand and wrist wearing a bracelet full of ornate and beautiful Pandora charms.

Devin, very loudly pointed to the display case and said, "Look mom! They have a Major Award too!"

4 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh my gosh. YOu need to start numbering Devin's Doozies. He is like no other and I LOVE reading about his antics.

Alicia said...

I love this story!
And, I love that you have a leg lamp!
And, I really love that you have a leg lamp in your front window!!
:)
Alicia

Casey's trio said...

What a cute story! One of the houses in our neighbor also has a "Major Award" up in the fron window and I giggle to myself everytime I drive past their house. That movie was one of my favorites to watch this time of year...when I used to have free time:)
Hope the girls have recovered from their bout with RSV.

Anonymous said...

We drove past the house Saturday night while looking at the lights in the neighborhood. I saw the lamp and got a chuckle. Chris and I both appreciated your major award for the truly glorious thing that it is. Thank you for giving us that smile!