Monday, February 18, 2008

A Blog Scavenger Hunt

This post marks the 190th on this blog. It's been over two years since I began this online diary, starting with just blogging about my then-upcoming pregnancy. The blog expanded, though, once we realized we were having a rare set of twins. I never actually anticipated it going on this long, but writing has become my therapy and this has become the best baby book I could ever accomplish. All of my favorite moments have been captured here and I hope that, in years to come, this blog will be a keepsake for my kids to treasure.

That being said, a number of my blogging friends have created contests to mark different blog milestones -- an anniversary, a specific number of posts, etc.

And since I subscribe to the "BASE" method of creativity (BASE = Borrow And Steal Everything), I decided to do the same thing.

So, the "Erin Pruetz 200th Blog Post Scavenger Hunt Extravaganza" was born. It works like this:

For the next however-long-it-takes-me-to-input-nine-more-entries, the ten questions below will be available for answering. To answer them, you must leave a comment on this post.

My 200th post will feature the answers to all of the questions, along with the declaration of a winner. Winners will be chosen randomly from all of the commenters on the this post. You do not have to answer all of the questions correctly to be eligible to win -- you just have to leave a comment with some semblance of trying.

The winner will receive his or her choice of the following, to be sent via US mail, by me.

1. A Starbuck's gift certificate, valued at $10
2. An iTunes gift certificate, valued at $10
3. A McDonald's gift certificate, valued at $10 (that's for all you mommies out there)


There are quite a few usual suspects out there who will comment, but I want lurkers and regulars alike to be a part of this contest! This is my opportunity to find out more about my own blog and the more comments I get, the better my blog will be!

So, without further ado, here are the ten questions, all of whose answers can be found somewhere in my blog.

1. What are the themes of my kids' bedrooms?
2. What happened in Concan, Texas that caused Devin to have to visit the emergency room?
3. How many stepsisters do I have?
4. What kind of car do I (begrudgingly) drive?
5. What was Devin for Halloween this past year?
6. What are my primary nicknames for the girls?
7. What was the name of the nurse-from-hell that I had in the post-partum unit after my twins were born?
8. What color did I paint my bathroom?
9. What day did we find out that we were having twins?
10. What is the name of the church my family attends?

Okay! Let the comments and answers begin! Good luck!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

1. Devin-Race Cars, Grace and Faith-Tinkerbell-ish ("a dream is a wish your heart makes"...maybe?)
2. No clue. But I bet it was a doooozie. :)
3. Good question...I know your step -mom's name is Jean but I didnt think you had any step-sisters...
4. A mini-van... But it's so cool! (And I'm not even being sarcastic, I promise)
5. Ninja Boy
6. Faitharoo and Gracie Too (maybe?)
7. Yasmin :)
8. Yellow
9. Friday, December 16
10. Holy Trinity Catholic Church

Luckymom said...

Hi Erin! I'm totally going to do your scavenger hunt! Can't wait! I already know a few answers without having to look back!
I do have one question for you...How did you get that birthday ticker on your blog (the one at the bottom of your page). I went to the website, but I don't know how to cut and past like they said to do.
If you remember how you did it, would you mind telling me how? Thanks!
I'll be back here soon!
xo

Unknown said...

1. Hot Wheels and Tinkerbell/ fairies...and no life is complete with out todd in fairy wings.
2. River, no shoes, cut to the foot = BIG infection and Erin with sick babies
3. 2..?..3..?..2..?..3...3
4. A Crazy Cool Cat Kia Mommavan, but really wants her car back
5. Red and Black Ninja
6. faith-a-roo, gracie-too....sometimes it is get back here
7.hhhhmmmm not sure on the name but I think you could just call her the nurse natzi
8 Yellow, and secumbed to the stencil in the master
9. Date escapes me but Todd was in the front yard at like noon drinking a beer trying to cope....an I recall the cul-de-sac night that your body found out it was having twins....I think we pruned the neighbors tree:) hehehe
10.Holy Trinity Catholic

Claremont First Ward said...

1. I'm cheating and going with akneugebauers answer.

2. The toe/foot infection thing?

3. ?
4. Kia Sedona
5. I'm going with Ninja boy, too
6. Faithiebaby and Gracie asie?
7. ?
8. YELLOw. Bright yellow.
9. what day? The day that rocked your world. How's that for ambiguous?
10. HTCC

I hope I win, I hope I win.....

Casey's trio said...

Okay..I'm so on this as soon as I have some time to scavenger hunt your blog:) I'll be back.

Casey's trio said...

1. Devin--hot wheels and the girls—Cinderella/tinkerbell
2. He cut his foot on a rock in the river
3. four
4. minivan
5. A ninja
6. Faitharoo and Gracie Too?
7. Yasmin!
8. Yellow
9. December 16, 2005
10. Holy Trinity Catholic Church

Anonymous said...

Here it goes. We have had two ice storms in Kentucky so I have a little extra time on my hands with school being out.
1. Devin - Cars
Faith and Grace - Tinkerbell
2. Stepped on a rock and got a staff infection
3. 3 Step-sisters
4. Van - Kia
5. Ninja - Jacob wore that same costume a few years ago
6. Faithroo and Gracie Too
7. ? - I looked and could not find the nurse's name ( I gave up on that one)
8. Yellow
9. December 9, 2005 ( I went back and found that one)
10. Holy Trinity Catholic Church

Elaine Howard

Laura said...

I have been reading your blog since before your girls made their appearance. Truthfully you got me blogging. I loved reading yours!

I can't believe how few of these answers I knew.
1-Cars
2- I think something with his foot?
3-2? (guessing)
4- Kia Sedona (mini van) Loved that post!
5-Not sure
6- Faith a roo and grace too?
7-?
8- Yellow
9- Not sure but it was a BIG day for sure.
10-Holy Trinity Catholic Church

I am glad you are drawing at random because some of your "real" friends have advantages!

I really have loved reading your blog and your life. Thanks for sharing it!