Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Devin's Doozie

This is one for the books...

Yesterday, after breakfast, Devin was getting ready for school. I had brought a pair of jeans and a t-shirt downstairs for him. While I try to keep my kids looking presentable, those of you with four-year-old boys know that it's a lost cause. No matter what you put them in, they look like they've been dragged through the mud within minutes.

So I've all but given up on good clothes for Dev. Barring only church and special events, old shirts and ratty jeans are pretty much the norm around here.

Yesterday was a particular low when I allowed my son to wear jeans with a large hole in the knee. Again, it's just not worth the fight.

So Devin took off his jammies (which were promptly flung into the corner of the living room -- the most appropriate place for jammies) and pulled on his jeans. At this point, he called to get my attention.

I turned around, and there was my partially clad son striking a pose in the living room. No shoes, no shirt and a pair of worn jeans. I had to smile and he said, "Mom? Do I look cool?"

Trying not to laugh, I told him that he, indeed, looked super cool, knowing full well that he'd somehow gotten into his head that he'd like to be a model at Abercrombie and Fitch.

The best part came when he said, "I think I'll just go to school like this."

In Other News...

All three of my kids have taken to the same new plaything -- spoons.

If I had known that spoons could provide so many hours of fun for my children, I could have saved a lot of money at Christmastime.

1 comment:

Casey's trio said...

How funny....he sounds like the coolest kid to me! Not sure if I'm looking forward to 3 girls trying to dress themselves and the outfits they may come up with! Spoons huh? Outside of mealtimes, they serve as really loud noisemakers or weapons in our house.