Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Giant Check

Yesterday morning, Todd, Faith, Grace and I met representatives of Methodist Hospital at a local church where Threads of Love gets together every week to sew their items for area NICUs. We got to stand up, tell our girls' story and explain how it came about that we won the opportunity to donate $1,000 to Threads of Love. It was a great little meeting and, much to my surprise, one of my antepartum nurses was there, sewing! She didn't know I would be there, and vice versa, but it was great fun to see her nonetheless!

Then it was time for the photo op, and much to my delight, a gigantic check was given to Threads of Love from Methodist Hospital, with the four of us smiling on as the cameras flashed. We milled around for a few minutes, hugging and thanking each of the women (and man!) who do so much for the tiniest San Antonians. As soon as I get copies of the pictures, I'll be sure to post them.

Tomorrow (Thursday) morning, all five of us (how could we deny Devin the opportunity to be on TV?) will meet at the antepartum unit where I spent so many weeks, and the local ABC affiliate TV station will do a taped package on the contest and the money given to Threads of Love. I originally thought it was going to be a live shot, but I believe it will air on the morning news on Friday. I'll have to get the details and as soon as I know when it will be on, I will post it here so that all of my local friends can turn on their TVs and laugh at what will certainly be me making a fool of myself in one way or another.

Slainte!
(Ahem...who can tell me what that means -- and better yet, how you pronounce it??? Bridget Daughaday you are not allowed to answer that question on the grounds that you are too Irish).

3 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so glad it turned out to be an oversized check...and, I can't wait to see the links to your interview/publicity tour. :)

Bridget said...

I love it! Don't worry, my lips are sealed...

Christi said...

slawn- cha
means cheers!