Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our 15 Minutes of Fame

We are local celebrities -- or at least we were for one minute and 20 seconds on Sunday night. KSAT aired their story about the girls and we were very pleased with the job they did.

They spotlighted the girls, their condition, my hospital stay, their prematurity and the medical expertise that had to go into their care.

It was great fun being a celebrity-for-a-moment, although they did mispronounce our last name. We're used to it, though, as P-R-U-E-T-Z would normally be pronounced Proo-ets. Not many people (myself included when I first met Todd) pick up on the German spelling and know to pronounce it Preets, so there are no hard feelings.

Anyway, it's life as usual around here. Last week was crazy and fun, but now everything has returned to the status quo -- just the way we like it.

5 comments:

Anne said...

I feel so excited to personally know a celebrity! I might have to get your autograph next time I see you. If you refuse to give me one, I will go to the nearest trashy celebrity gossip mag and disclose your dirtiest secrets...I have, you realize, known you since the
3rd grade! fu

Anonymous said...

Erin - Anne here... I have been calling you "Proo-ets" in my head for over a year now... THANK you for the clarification...! HA!

Meg said...

I am SO glad you put the pronunciation of your last name in your post. Seriously, I've called you "Proo-ets" too! I would have introduced you to the Queen like that. I feel like such a dork!! Thanks for educating me. Congrats on the 15 min of fame!

Bridget said...

Where is the link to the newscast?? NEED NOW.

Claremont First Ward said...

Is there any way to post a link? Congrats on your celebrity status. I'm glad I can say I knew you when.........:)