Friday, April 18, 2008

The Office

Do you watch The Office on NBC? It's on Thursday nights at 8:00 (that's Central time) and it's the highlight of the week for Todd and me.

That's pathetic, I know, but there is something about this show that is addictive. It's the perfect mix of hysterical and uncomfortable, while also being sincere and even a little suspenseful (Jim and Pam).

Not everyone loves this show like I do and I can see why. I think you either love it or hate it, but there's really no in between. Just like my sister loves roller coasters and theme park rides that drop you straight down, I find no fun in having my stomach thrust into my brain. Similarly, some may feel that the "squirm in your seat and avert your eyes because you are embarrassed for the main character," feeling that The Officeelicits is just not their idea of a good time.

Fair enough. To each his own.

But for those of you who do watch this fantastically written show, did you watch the, "Chair Model," episode last night? True to form, it was hysterical. Michael (the main character, Regional Manager of Dunder-Mifflin paper's Scranton branch) has just come out of a terrible relationship with Jan (his former boss) and is ready to move on.

As he is searching for the next woman-of-his-dreams, he happens upon a picture of a model in an office chair catalog. He "falls in love" with this girl and informs the others in the office that they should set him up on dates using this girl as a template.

Did anyone notice the chair model? It showed her briefly, and I missed it, but my quick-eyed husband picked up on the inside joke without hesitation.

The chair model is Jan (Melora Hardin) in a dark wig.

I am sure of it. Here...see for yourself.



I've sent an email to an Office fan site (this is where Todd extends his hand to shake mine and says, "Hi Captain Freetime...my name is Todd.") to see if I can get a confirmation.

6 comments:

Christi said...

I thought it looked like her, too! Freaky! I love The Office, but mainly, I love Jim with a deep burning sincere love that goes all the way to the tips of my hair!!!!! He is just so adorable and sweet and funny and I want to eat him up with a spoon. OOOPS, have I shared too much?

Laura said...

We love the office! I unlike you, cannot see how anyone could not love it! Anyway I loved seeing that picture. It sure looks like Jan to me. I will be showing Alan tonight.

I loved the fake engagement stuff. So sweet but funny too!

Bridget said...

I love The Office and I'm with Christi when I say that I have an unnatural obsession with Jim. I may or may not have photos of him in my cube at work.

Casey's trio said...

We love the office! I thought it looked like Jan too:) The first episode back was hilarious....we keep joking about getting a 12 inch flatscreen to put up on the wall:)

Anne said...

Erin-

Your love of "The Office" reminds me why you are one of my favorite people. Brian and I ROLL when watching the antics of Micheal and the crew. I too love Jim and Pam! What a great pick up on the picture of Jan! Fu

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest thing ever. What a good catch!! C & I LOVE the Office, we DVR all the new and old episodes and watch them over and over. It's the best train wreck EVA! xo