Monday, June 19, 2006

June 19, 2006

It was a warm, sunny summer morning at the house of Orville, Dorothy and Jill Pruetz in Yoakum, Texas. Dorothy, eight months pregnant with their second child, settled her three-year-old daughter Jill down at the table with breakfast while she started her daily chores.

As she tidied up around the house, though, a familiar pain rang through her abodmen.

"Hmmmm...it seems a little early for this to be happening..."

As she progressed through her day, the pains began to get more intense and closer together. She feared she was in labor, so she called the doctor.

"You should probably head to the hospital, Mrs. Pruetz," said the nurse on the other end of the line.

"Well, I'll get there when I can. I need to finish the laundry."

A few loads later and after making arrangements for Jill, Dorothy walked the three blocks for her house to Huth Memorial Hospital. Hours later, Todd Orville Pruetz was born. And the world was never the same.

These are the basics in the birth story of Todd. I'm sure I've got a few details wrong, but Dorothy waiting until the laundry was done and walking to the hospital are facts.

Todd is 38 today. Happy birthday, honey -- I love you so much.


Todd's birthday present -- he bought me a minivan. :)


E

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hold the phone!@ Is that a spoiler on said mini-van?!?!?!