Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where In The World is Erin Pruetz?

I am such a slacker. I wish I could say that I'd been on some fabulous cruise around the world, or that I have been hanging out in a luxury spa every day for the past three weeks, but believe me when I tell you that this is not the case.

In fact, nothing is the case. Life around here has been status quo and every day little things have happened that have made me say, "I should blog about this!" But, invariably, I would become distracted and not write a word.

Then something else would happen. And I wouldn't write. And again, and again, and again.

After awhile, my thoughts and desires to blog just overwhelmed me and I reacted in the classic Erin manner: I just ignored it all and now, here I sit, with a huge gap between posts. Hopefully, I can play catch-up in this entry.

Todd
Todd shaved his head completely bald in support of his best friend Tim's wife, Ivy, who is going through chemo to treat a cancerous lymphoma. I took quite a few pictures, but a symptom of my avoidance has been that I haven't downloaded pictures in quite a long time, so I don't have any to post at the moment.

Happily, though, Ivy's tumor has shrunk 60% after only two rounds of chemo. Woo hoo!

Mother's Day
I had a great Mother's Day, during which I got to sleep in and dine on my very favorite breakfast: Eggs Benedict. I got a day of not having to clean the house or cook and even received a new Dust Buster! I know...quite a gift for Mother's Day, huh? Well, I asked for it. Literally...I asked for a Dust Buster for my special day.

March for Babies
Our whole family, my sister and her twins, along with some very good friends of ours all participated in the March of Dimes March for Babies. It was an amazing experience to meet so many people whose children were born premature, but who had survived their ordeals due to the miracles of modern medicine. I can't wait to do it again next year!

The Last Day of School
Devin's last day of Pre-K was last Thursday and we said a sad goodbye to Crown of Life Lutheran Preschool as we graduated to Kindergarten. I can't believe how fast this past year went and now I'm in the, "What the heck am I going to do with these kids all summer?" mode.

Okay, not fabulous, but truthfully, that's about as good as it gets! I promise to get back on track with blogging a few times a week. Thanks for bearing with me and my "issues." :)

Me

2 comments:

Casey's trio said...

Glad to hear you have been living a typical three weeks in the life of Erin! The blogging rut can sneak up on you sometimes:)

Osh said...

I was wondering how you have been doing...glad life is life!