Monday, August 14, 2006

August 14, 2006

It's the first day of school in San Antonio -- at least in the Northeast Independent School District. So all of my neighbors' kids have gone off to their respective educational buildings. They range from their first day of Kindergarten up to their second year of middle school. One started her first day of middle school in the 6th grade today and left the house in nervous tears.

It gets me thinking (as it would any mom): How am I going to deal with this in two years? Ugh...the thought of my little boy being big enough to go to school is enough to make me want to crawl in bed and stay there all day. I just want him to stay little for the rest of his life.

And what about when I have to say goodbye to two at once? And return to an empty house? Devin will be in the 3rd grade when the twins go to Kindergarten. I'm going to need a job.

I'm already having a hard time with the fact that Devin is now signed up for pre-schooler religious education classes at church. I just can't believe he's old enough for this. Time goes too quickly.

But enough of that. I could "what if..." this until I'm blue in the face.

We're all doing very here in Pruetzland. The girls are doing so well, especially sleeping at night. They consistently go six or seven hours each night -- that's HUGE for babies who are technically only three weeks old (it's call correcting back -- gestationally, they would have only been born three weeks ago. They'll always have a two month grace period for their development). All of this makes for a much happier Erin.

Devin is doing well, too. We nearly had potty training down before I entered the hospital in April, but he reverted back to diapers before I got home. Our doctor suggested a month or two with the babies at home before we tried again, so we're just now back to going to the big boy potty. I thought it would be like starting over, but he seems to have a pretty firm grasp of what to do. In fact, in the time that I've been typing we've made two trips to the potty -- one for tee-tee and one for poo-poo. I think we're well on our way.

The only real roadblock we have is that when he gets to playing with his friends or running around outside, he doesn't think about the sensations and has accidents. Any suggestions on getting over that?

So there is the excitement from our neck of the woods. It's not exciting stuff to the rest of the world, but it sure is good stuff to us.

E

PS - So my blog has become eligible for an advertising campaign. Hence the ads at the tops of the pages. They'll stay small for now, but depending on how successful they are, they may get bigger. Ignore them if you want to. Click if you want to. I hope you don't mind.

No comments: