Sunday, August 20, 2006

August 24, 2006

I've been trying for a couple of days now to get some new photos up on the blog: the girls, Devin, the girls' room (a work of art from Todd), etc, but Blogger.com is having problems getting my photos uploaded. So, until then, you'll have to bear with just words. :)

Devin's Doozie

For the past couple of weeks, Devin has been talking about something that he sees out of his window on our next door neighbors' roof. Two or three times a week, he calls me upstairs after we've put him to bed to tell me about whatever it is he is seeing.

Last night, I got the usual call and I met Devin at the top of the stairs. I asked him what he wanted and he said, "There's that thing on the Kuklas' roof. It's sticking out and wiggling around!" Of course, I have no idea what he means, but I go to investigate anyway.

As I proceed down the hall, Devin runs ahead of me and disappears around the corner, chattering the whole way about the subject at hand.

As I round the corner, he's standing at the door to his bedroom, waiting for me. I asked him, "Now what is it you're seeing?"

"It's a thing on the roof and it's popping out and it's freaking me out!"

On a completely different note

Just when we thought life had finally calmed down for the Pruetz family, we were dealt another tough hand. On Monday afternoon, USAA decided to pull the plug on the position they created for Todd only two months ago, leaving Todd without a job. No severence, no opportunities elsewhere -- nothing. Just, "Pack it up and thanks."

Needless to say, we're freaking out. It's pretty hard to live on zero income. Todd's got some good leads from Accenture, his former employer, and we're hoping that one will pan out ... soon.

If you have any suggestions, we're open them. We're open to anything right now.

And one last thing...

We still haven't figured out what it is that Devin is seeing each night out of his bedroom window. So, to placate him, I have named this unknown (and unseen to Todd and me) object a "flootenschpiel."

3 comments:

Meg said...

we're thinking of you guys!! i'll rack our brains for contacts.

Anonymous said...

These sightings with Devin may be hereditary. When Hallie, Carla's daughter, was three years old she was always seeing things in her room at night. Once it was Uncle Alex perched upon the wall. I bought here a dream catcher, whiches catches all the scary things but lets the good things go through. Just an idea but it might work.

Tell Todd I am thinking about him and will keep him in my prayers.

Aunt Shirley

Susan NiƱo said...

hey--send me Todd's resume. It was so wonderful to see you and the girls tonight at church! They are so precious and you looked great!