Monday, January 28, 2008

Ah-hem...

It has been brought to my attention that I have not posted photos of my children recently. Of course, this could not possibly be right. I have become very adept at posting photos. That's why the number of photos still on my camera is...68.

Ooops. Yes, upon inspection, I have not posted photos (or even emptied my camera!) in a very long time. In fact, pictures from Todd's company's family Christmas party on December 3 were still on there, as were photos of the Red Rider Leg Lamp that we put up the day after Thanksgiving. Whoopsie!

So here is a condensed version of our past few months. Thank you to Laura and Casey for prodding me!



The Leg Lamp, proudly displayed in our front window during the holidays




Faith dancing at the Southwest Research Institute's Family Christmas Party. Think she knows what a camera is?




Grace took part in the dancing, too!




Devin was impressed the most by the steam engine outside of Sunset Station, where the Christmas party was held. Sunset Station was, at one time, a functioning train station, but has since been made into a multi-purpose entertainment and concert facility




Santa came! This is what greeted our kids on Christmas morning.




We have an antique church pew in our kitchen and the girls have taken to crawling all over it. It seems that Grace didn't quite understand that it's easier to sit on it when the seat is actually down.



Faith has it figured out, but is about to fall off!


On a completely different note
I just got off the phone with my dad. I admire my dad for a number of reasons, and one of those reasons is that he is in better shape than anyone I know in my own age group. He runs and lifts weights three days a week and walks 18 holes of golf three days a week. Sunday is his "day off." He is also very cognizant of what he eats and makes sure that his mind is never idle. He's an awesome example of discipline.

He and some friends have placed a bet as to who will and will not be able to run a half-marathon (13.1 miles) this spring. Dad is determined to win the bet and set out to prove to himself that he is capable of this feat. On Saturday, he ran 14 miles.

My dad is going on 68 years old.

5 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Erin........the girls have only grown like A TON since you last posted pictures! So, so cute. I thought of you and the girls the other day. Grace has a good little girl friend who has a wheat allergy. She was 29 lbs. at 6 at her pediatrican was not worried. Her mother had to push for testing and sure enough, the problem was this genetic wheat thing. She's still a peanut though. AND, good for your dad for being in such great shape. What a great example for EVERYONE!

Bridget said...

Yeah, I love the pics! I can't believe how big the girls are getting!

Tell your dad he looks more and more like George Strait every day...

Casey's trio said...

Hooray for updated pics:) I agree with Angie that the girls have grown so much! And I wonder if the crawl through tunnel/tent extraodinaire will make it in your house? The girls received it as a gift for their bday and the tent is long gone....they would barrel into the thing and knock it over and then roll around in it like 3 cats stuck in a sleeping bag. Needless to say, the plastic sticks were too bent to stay upright after awhile. We still get use out of the tunnels though!

Laura said...

We have had those tents and tunnels things since my older kids were very young. Still a favorite around here.

I am so glad you posted pictures! I cannot believe how much older (and more hair) the girls have!

Casey's trio said...

Woman you are bodacious and excellant. Come vist my blog to get your awards:)