Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm It!

Fellow blogger and mom of triplets, Casey, tagged me with this fun blog game. Here are the rules and my contribution to the game.

The Rules:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

or

Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.

or

Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.

Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmmm...what to choose, what to choose. I've already done "Eight Things About Me" and I'm not sure I could come up with five new ones. Casey did "Want to see or want to see again," so I guess I'll go with "5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old." That outta be a good one.

Living in San Antonio, Texas
I moved to Dallas when I was 18 to attend college. I immediately fell in love with the city, as it had everything that single girl could want -- restaurants, night life, an awesome singles scene, etc. I just knew I'd live in the Big D until the day I died.

But when I met Todd and settled down, I realized that I had outgrown Dallas. It was no longer fun to put on a full face of makeup and my hippest outfit just to go to the grocery store. I never visited bars and when I called the cops on a production crew filming "Walker, Texas Ranger" on my street at 3:00 a.m., I knew it was time to move to where life was a little slower and a little simpler.

San Antonio has everything I love -- it's pure Texas, through and through and has a great small-town atmosphere. People here value family and faith and do things like camping and hiking. It's a pretty cosmopolitan city, too, with excellent shopping and good eateries. It's a perfect fit for our family.


Goodbye Dallas...



Hello San Antonio!


Having Twins
Really, I doubt too many people see that one coming in their lives, so it should come to no surprise that I didn't spend my childhood dreaming of having identical twin girls. I love it, though, even though it came right out of left field.



Married to Todd
This really applies more to me when I was like 22 years old and planning a wedding to my college boyfriend. If you had told me then that I'd meet someone completely opposite of college boy and marry him instead, I would have laughed at you. But God has a way of making everything right and He did just that for me. If I had gone through with that first marriage, I'd be divorced by now, but instead I'm happily married to the man of my dreams who makes my life extraordinary.


I just love this guy...


Owning a Video Game System
I swore, up and down, my entire life that I would never own a video game system. They do nothing but rot your brains and kids should be outside playing instead of inside, sitting on their butts playing games full of violence and sexual innuendos. So there. Hrmph.

Have I mentioned that I love my Wii?

Okay, I was wrong. Not all games are violent and anyone who is a halfway decent parent knows to keep video playtime to a minimum. Devin gets two half-hour sessions per day and no more than that. Everything in moderation.



Driving a Minivan
Isn't this a horse that I have just beaten to death? I mean really...how many times can a person mention their car in a single blog that has nothing to do with automobiles?

But like video game systems, I swore on the graves on numerous family members that I would not drive a minivan. Give me an SUV or a station wagon, but no minivans. Uh uh, no way.

The truth is, though, despite its shape (you know -- minivan shape) I absolutely love my van. Automatic sliding doors mean no door dings in the Target parking lot and lots of room means I'm able to help Devin get buckled into his seat or sit between the girls and entertain them on long trips (when Todd is driving, of course).

The DVD system is a lifesaver and the little creature comforts like an eight-way seat, bun warmers and a set of little buttons that keep my preferences for my seat, mirrors and pedals (yes, the pedals move) separate from Todd's just make life a little easier. I love that the driver's seat slides all the way back when I turn off the car and that I have a little "table" between the driver's and passenger's seats that can be put up or down and can expand six inches toward the back.

I adore the 17 cupholders, the wireless headphones for the DVD system and the oodles of space we have for all of the crapola that comes with three kids.




So there you have it -- Five things I never thought I'd be doing in the future when I was 25 years old.

So, dear friends, I have some tagging to do. Meg, Susan D., Alicia, Susan N. and Sharon you're it! Start blogging, girls!

2 comments:

Susan NiƱo said...

I am getting ready for the TOOL Insutallation ceremony at 5...I decided to comment on 2 of my 5 here ....look for my complete list tomorrow on my blog.

1. My Grandfather, Guiseppe Basilico, traveled to America by way of a ship and arrived on Ellis Island at the tender age of 16. He is listed as coming from Trapani, Sicily in 1923. His first cousin, Marcello Basilico, arrived in 1921 through Ellis Island and both their names are on the Wall of Honor on Ellis Island..courtesy of my Dad and his donation!

2. I was born in Detroit, MI and one of my favorite things to do when I was younger was ice skating. We would travel to Belle Isle...across from downtown Detroit all the time to take part in all the fun. Belle Isle is the crown jewel of Detroit's public park system. Once on the island, you may get about by car or take a leisurely walk along the many miles of trails, paths and roadways that connect all of Belle
Isle's points of interest. The island is situated on America's busiest inland waterway and provides spectacular views of Detroit, Canada, freighter
traffic and the Ambassador Bridge. Wintertime was spent sledding and ice skating..SO MUCH FUN!!!

Casey's trio said...

Loved it! Your loving description of your minivan makes me want to go buy one....never thought I'd see myself typing that:O And the picture you posted of San Antonio makes me want to come visit tomorrow!