Friday, July 14, 2006

July 14, 2006

My very good friend Alicia blogs every few days about the comings and goings in her household. She has an executive-by-day, volunteer-firefighter-by-night-and-weekend husband and two precious little boys. There is never a lack of excitement or humor in her house and I love to read her blog.

One of the things that she does is quote her oldest, JamesThomas, 3, in some of his more spectacular sayings. She calls it the "JamesThomas Quote of the Day." There are more than a few that have made me laugh out loud.

Well, I think the time has come for me to include some of Devin's funnier sayings, starting today. I'll title them, "Devin's Doozies." Thanks for the idea, Alicia.

Devin is currently being punished for taking a pen and marking on my solid wood footboard. Does anyone know what will get ballpoint ink out of maple?

So, in my need to make him understand that I am this close to killing him, I packed up all of the toys in his room and made him sit on his bed. As expected, he fell asleep, but woke up way too early when the trash truck outside scared him.

I told him that even though he was awake, he was expected to stay in his room, sans toys, until I told him he could come out.

True to toddlerhood, every few minutes he would arrive at the top of the stairs and ask, "Can I come out now?" My answer was a steadfast, "No."

A few minutes ago, though, I heard rustling in his room -- a sure sign of fun being had. I wouldn't have any of that!

I went into his room and saw that he had managed to get his Thomas the Tank Engine from one of the lower shelves in his room that I didn't think he could reach. Apparently, I was wrong, because Thomas was resting on his bed.

I asked Devin, "Why did you get Thomas down?"

Devin's Doozie is his response:

"Because I like him. He's a nice guy."

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,

You need to talk to your cousin Alicia, when Brynat & Nathan decided to patially paint her & Greg's bedroom with black paint, including part of the carpeting.

I guess budding artists just run in our family.

Aunt Shirley

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»